![]() |
| wearing zara jeans and sweater, adidas sneakers, just campagne bag and oliver people's sunglasses, both vintage |
So I don't really know what came over me with wanting to try flared jeans when they came back into fashion. At first I still found them impossibly retro (especially since I remember an awkward period of my teens when that cut was 'in' -or so I thought?). But then all the really good editorials and streetstyle pictures started pouring in and eventually I started wanting some (remember?), and then I waited a little bit longer until they reached the peak of their mainstream-ness, so all I had to do was enter any store and take my pick. I'm sooo original, I know.
Anyways, what I initially liked about flares was their potential for making you legs impossibly long and gracefully slim, provided you wear them high waisted, really long, and with some serious heels, of course. I find this silhouette really flattering and wanted to go in that direction, but then I tried these ones on... and that was it!
They're the perfect length to be worn with flats. They don't make my legs look any longer than they already are, but then again I'm pretty happy with them already, and I really like the idea of flares that I can wear everyday and run around and be comfortable in. They are a dark grey wash and I love wearing them with my Stan Smith sneakers; they feel like a cool, modern version of 70's flares rather than the kind of full-on retro look. Which also means I can wear them with practically anything. I like pairing them with basic pieces for what feels like a very easy, uncontrived weekend look.
We took these pictures on a walk in the park this weekend. I wore my jeans with my adored vintage sunglasses and my softest V-neck sweater... later on I exchanged them for my sleeveless slit-back top and some eyeliner to venture out in the dark (these jeans are easy, but they are also sexy!) ...but that's another story ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment