![]() |
| weekday swimsuit, h&m shorts (old), shoes bought in mallorca, ray ban sunglasses and avene sunscreen (as always) |
Anyways, with spring shyly knocking on our door, I thought I'd talk about what I look forward to wearing as the days get longer and sunnier... After all, fashion is all about looking ahead.
I stumbled across the idea of the "summer box" on the Wearing It Today: you put together a box of goodies to be opened and enjoyed only come summer. It's really cool, because it makes the wait till summer (as well as the exhilaration of it finally arriving along with a box full of just-as-anticipated things to wear) that much more fun!
There's something special about wearing something for the first time. I bought these Spanish mallorquina flats in September but saved them for the next summer -now, the sight of innocent, unspoiled leather patiently waiting to be
![]() |
| weekday swimsuit, zara jeans |
I've also discovered that while shopping for swimwear in April might sound psychotic, it's actually the way to have fun with it -something that gets completely lost if you leave it till it's two days before your holiday and, having discovered that your old bikinis have all been reduced to rags, you panic-buy the first thing that looks kind of passable. When you're casually browsing, on the other hand, there is no pressure. And if you do find something you love, you have much greater chances of finding it still available in your size -with matching bottoms ;)
I couldn't resist this one-piece from Weekday. I love the sharp neckline and the fact that you can just throw on a pair of shorts over it and -voila!- you're ready to leave the beach. To be honest with you though, I don't think this will make it unchristened till summer as I can see myself wearing it as another sexy back top... ;) The thing is, holidays don't last that long, so it's always a good idea to favour pieces that will also work in your everyday life -for example, my spanish sandals will work equally well with shorts on holiday and with chinos on a warm day in the city.
While I can only own so many swimsuits (especially for someone who still aspires to a tanned stomach), here is a round-up of the ones that caught my eye...
![]() |
| L-R: COS, weekday (the one I bought) and weekday (the one I reluctantly didn't buy) |
Of course, my 'summer box' isn't all new things, but I always enjoy unpacking my summer clothes after having forgotten about them all winter. I love these denim shorts even more than when I first bought them (they go with everything!) and I've decided that they will be a crucial element of my minimal summer style concept* : a pair of denim shorts, a few tops, a couple bikinis and some sandals. And a tan. I know it's nothing ground-breaking, but I really think that simplicity works best -especially when you're having a great time -and you have found the perfect basics ;)
![]() |
| denim shorts and lace-up sandals: two of my summer essentials |
All that's left to do now is count down the days till summer! I've showed you mine, now you show me yours... What's in your summer (dream) box?
*I've been browsing into-mind.com and have picked up some of its jargon and style-organization obsessions... This site is all about curating your look and wardrobe in a really (and I mean really!) meticulous, step-by-step way.




No comments:
Post a Comment