Since I’m stuck with the good ol’ iphone for the summer I won’t be making regular outfit posts. But since this whole office-appropriate dressing is new to me, and with the heat providing a little added challenge*, I thought I’d keep track -to the best of my abilities, which is not saying much- of what I’ve been wearing anyways. Which involves dailydown-style pictures and, yes, selfies. Apologies in advance for that step backwards!
Right then, this is what I wore on the first week…

Monday: thrifted COS tee, massimo dutti jeans, oysho wedges, hair in a ponytail and eyeliner.


Tuesday: thrifted zara tee, h&m jean shorts, zara pumps (which look like flats in the picture… maybe pointy flats are not so horrible after all?), pony tail and red lipstick.
Wednesday: no pictures but I wore Tuesday’s outfit with this light blue slik sleeveless top instead. I wore my (curly) hair down, with silver hoop earrings (pictured with the top in the link above) and a brown smoky eye.


Thursday: (another grey) tee and skirt from american vintage; this time I wore the skirt low on my waist so it was maxi-length, mallorquinas from department store el corte inglés.

Friday: mom’s old top, american vintage trousers (the thinnest I own but still very warm for this weather!), mallorquinas again. No makeup, no contact lenses and pony-tailed frizzy hair.
And just to make sure you’re keeping up with my title references (and as a teacher said: “Intertextuality, in your face!”):
-Summer In the City by Regina Spektor (although there is no cleavage to be seen here -if you still don’t know what I’m talking about just go give the song a listen alright?!)
-Sex and Another City, a SATC episode.
As you can see I’m so very high culture these days ;)
*the bonus challenge that I set myself is wanting to head to the beach straight after work, and most of the time I wear my bikini under my clothes -good thing the office dress code is quite relaxed right?
No comments:
Post a Comment