Sunday, 9 February 2014

Soup, soup, soup.

Here are two really nice (potentially vegan) soups I can't take credit for.

After a failed attempt at making beetroot soup (trust me, that was a big fail) I resorted to the internet and loosely followed a recipe that turned out great! Basically:

-Put half a tin of chopped tomatoes in a baking tray covered in aluminium paper and sprinkle a bit of olive oil and some garlic powder. Roast at 190C for about 15 mins.
-Softly fry half a chopped onion in a bit of olive oil in a pot.
-Grate about 3-4 beetroots (more if yours are tiny like mine!) and add them to the pot with about 600 ml stock. Boil for about 7-10 mins until the beetroot is tender.
-Then, add the roasted tomato to the pot and process everything together. Season, add some more stock if you want a thinner soup, and heat it all through before serving.

The colour is awesome!



I already told you I got a load of carrots, so I followed my friend's instructions to make a nice carrot curried soup. The concept is pretty simple:

-Softly fry a chopped onion and some garlic if you like with some olive oil or wok oil (for extra flavour).
-Add a good tbsp of curry paste, and some curry powder and chilli if you want it extra spicy. You can also add ginger but I didn't have any. I also added a few tablespoons of tomato passatta, but you don't have to. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
-Meanwhile, peel and roughly chop the carrots. Add them to the pot with enough stock to cover them and let it boil until the carrots are cooked through and soft.
-Add a chunk of coconut cream or some coconut milk and some coriander if you have it, and process until smooth. You can adjust the consistency with more stock. Serve with chopped coriander, ideally.




..


No comments:

Post a Comment