That's apples, a bunch of kale, carrots (we're talking a lot here!), a parsnip, beetroots and a small pumpkin.
So what did I make out of them? For starters, the apples were delicious so I've just been eating them as snacks. But they're also very good cut into little pieces in a kale salad.
I don't even like salads that much but this one is good! Here's how you make it:
I don't even like salads that much but this one is good! Here's how you make it:
1 apple, cut into small match sticks
1 carrot, grated
1 bunch of kale, washed, dried and chopped.
a handful of any sort of nuts and/or dried raisins/cranberries etc.
Combine all of the above in a big bowl.
Make the dressing by mixing
1 tsp rosemary (or any other herb you like)
1/2 tsp mustard
a couple squirts of lemon
2-3 tbsp olive oil
a bit of vinegar
salt & pepper
And pour it over the salad. Mix well. The longer you let the hard kale infuse with the dressing and the juices from the apple & carrot, the better your salad will be, so this is perfect to make in advance/save for later.
More on what I did with the vegetables coming soon! :)
More on what I did with the vegetables coming soon! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment