Tuesday, 22 September 2015

Fashion update, part one

I've been gone a long time from the blog and -somewhat to my surprise, I have to say-, in that time, I seem to have updated my wardrobe quite a bit over the summer. After a bit of a move clearout (meaning new additions haven't actually increased the number of my possessions by much), some new things found their way to me...

&other stories sandals, ralph lauren vintage jeans, weekday sweater and just campagne bag


My style hasn't significantly changed, although I'm defintely appreciating the 70's trend going on at the moment (all this minimalism was getting a bit boring in the end...).

Hence these tan leather wooden platform sandals, which are definitely 70's inspired but done in a chic enough way that (I think) they will still look good when this trend passes. I bought them thinking of a comfortable go-with-everything summer heel and they haven't disappointed. I've worn them with practically everything from mom jeans to (fancier) dresses and jumpsuits.

wearing ralph lauren vintage jeans, random baggy sweater (gift), & other stories sandals



worn with my jumpsuit (unknown brand)

Remember the dungarees I couldn't shut up about last winter? I saw so many people wearing similar ones this summer (more 70's influences...), and they are just great thrown over a bikini :) 

wearing vintage dungarees, springfield bikini (they do really nice swimwear!)

Lace-up sandals are another thing that was all the rage this summer and not to be snob, but I was so ahead  with that one too guys -remember this picture from two years ago? Some things are so good they don't need updating at all. All I did was replace my old ones with the exact same design -still my favourite. They only get darker and more beautiful as they age, but after two summers of constant use it was time to replace them...

two years ago... wearing massimo dutti men's denim shirt, vintage shorts, greek sandals

this summer -wearing really old M&S dress 

Another addition: this knit cotton top from a Greek island -I think it also fits with the 70's vibe because of its 'organic', untreated feel, what with its natural colour and texture.




And you know what else definitely made a comeback, right? Swimsuits -throw your denim
shorts over them and you're ready to go from beach to, errr, beach bar, cause those are the only places you go back and forth from during a holiday!


the best backless top/swimsuit, from oysho ;)

I am, generally speaking, in one of my more femme-ey phases -not that my androgynous predilections have gone out the window, rest assured-, embracing colour and softness a bit more, as you will already have noticed from my graduation pictures here... Speaking of which, jumpsuits were definitely my obsession this past summer: they are just so easy -throw on, ready! Exactly like with dresses, you can dress them up or down, except -unlike dresses- you don't have to worry about your underwear showing if it's windy/you sit on the floor/...

Here's the one I bought as a backup graduation dress -looks great as a summer in the city outfit with, you guessed it, flat sandals...

I told you I would get a lot of wear out of this! -wearing zara jumpsuit, petit bateau old canvas bag, greek sandals




And whenever I wasn't wearing a one-piece, I was probably in these shorts. After years of searching, I finally found denim shorts that fit and don't expose my cheeks (not my thing...). Surprisingly, I didn't find them in a fancy store but really randomly at H&M! When the basics are just right, you really don't need anything more than shorts and a top to be ready!

wearing h&m shorts with COS tshirt and greek sandals on my mom's carpet :)
worn with gap tank top

the top-shorts combo in all its declinations, for day and night -I wasn't kidding when I said it's all I wore... -sheer top of unknown origin
Stay tuned for part two, where I will talk about transitioning to fall/winter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment