Thursday, 15 October 2015

Antwerp!

I went to Antwerp last Saturday to visit the Fashion Museum's current exhibition. I arrived just as they were closing (insert grumpy face here)... And the shops followed suit. I honestly don't know what I was thinking going so late in the afternoon, but I decided to make my little walk around the city a nice one anyways. Next time I go I will probably have more to say about all the boutiques full of amazing fashion I can't afford and the museum itself, of course, but for now I have a little photo diary of my walk around Antwerp at sunset... It's definitely an interesting mix between that olden-times, small-town, almost villagey cozy feel and the cutting-edge fashion and creativity -not to mention the hip-sters- it houses. Enjoy!


Arriving at the Central Station...



All the pretties... These shoes (especially the middle ones!) looked like Sophia Webster but aprently they're not...?


Grote Markt at Dusk














There was some really cool graffiti -right by all the old-fashioned stuff :)

There's a street called Kloosterstraat that's filled with vintage and antique furniture stores like this one...



't Zuid




bakery dinner and Monet-esque pond in front of the Fine Arts Museum...



View from the quay...

I wouldn't call Antwerp bustling -the streets seemed quiet for a Saturday night...but it has some realy nice, cozy bars -how cute is this cat? ;)  











1 comment:

  1. Next time more window shopping please!

    ReplyDelete