![]() |
| showing off in London ages ago -wearing GF old jeans, converse, my dad's belt & my mom's cashmere sweater |
![]() |
![]() |
| & Other Stories coat, € 135 today |
The reason I love mine so much -and the key to finding one that does the same for you!- is that it ticks almost all of my boxes. These will vary a little bit depending on your needs and tastes, but figure them out then narrow your search down to the coat that ticks them! For me, the perfect coat:
-has pockets
-is warm enough (hence the wool-blend material and the belt to pull it shut)
-goes with everything
-looks chic and streamlined
-is long enough to cover my butt
-won't look dirty too quickly, or at least can easily be cleaned
-ideally, it would also have a hood/be waterproof, but I've only seen one coat with a hood that looked good and to be fair, if it's raining/extreme weather conditions then what you really need is a parka, not a coat.
Since this year I want to be prepared when winter rears its ugly head, I've already started checking out the winter gear that's been landing in my favourite stores -and Amsterdam girls' coat game is also strong this year! Although I don't technically need a coat, I've been thinking that it would be a good idea to invest in another one. That way I will have more options and -most importantly- alternating coats instead of wearing the same one every day will extend their life, which means I won't be forced to say goodbye to something I've fallen in love with too soon*. Because I'm not in a rush, I will probably wait till the winter sales, and this will depend on my finances then of course, but here are my main thoughts on coats for this year:
![]() |
| this hairy coat by ASOS looks classic enough to last past the trend... |
-I like some of the hairy/furry-texture coats that have been going around this season, but I'm afraid they might be too trendy to make for a good investment... In general, be aware of what's trendy and, if you want to buy something that's 'hot' this year, ask yourself: do I like it because I keep seeing it everywhere? Would I want to buy this next year when the trend has passed?
-I'm toying with the idea of a camel coat...
-Or something in colour....
-Or maybe a really classic, tailored one that will never go out of style.
-I will keep a close eye on COS and & Other Stories, but also H&M for classics at good prices.
-I will take a really good look at the composition label and will aim for more than 50% wool -if you're spending quite a bit of money, it'd be silly to drop it on acrylic.
-Some people would never buy shoes online, I would be careful with buying a coat online. It's really important to try them on and see how they fit and which designs flatter you, especially if it's something you'll be wearing time and time again.
Here are some things I spotted already -and this is just the beginning!
![]() |
| this h&m coat is 63% wool and has a stylish hood -not bad for €70! |
![]() |
| this is a basic, affordable version of the classic camel wraparound coat |
![]() |
| this one from ASOS is 73% wool and it has a high funnel neck so it's guaranteed to keep you warm,and cool |
![]() |
| At €40 and 58% wool, this h&m coat is probably some of the best price-quality out there and the design is simple and classic. can you tell I love belted coats? |
*That's actually one of the most heartbreaking things about shoes: you find the perfect pair, wear them to death and then one season later you have to start looking for a replacement or at least a worthy successor all over again...








No comments:
Post a Comment