Monday, 2 November 2015

Fall reshuffle (plus how to keep over-the-knee classy)

It's definitely fall here in Amsterdam and while we've been lucky to have some sunny days so far, there is no doubt that winter is coming... The problem is, in winter I always feel stuck in the same rut: jumper, jeans, coat, and a panoply of scarves, hats and gloves. So while the weather still permits it, I wanted to put together a more original outfit.

riding my bike -I love the colour palette I ended up with -it really makes me think of the fall!
I was inspired by a few fall trends: total knitwear looks, thigh-highs and longer lengths for winter... but I created a look with things I already had in my closet, just had never thought of combining before. I paired this cozy wine-coloured sweater -one of my favourites (seen here) with an long knit camel skirt (I wore it once with a crop top here) and some knee-high socks (seen here). I wore this with block-heeled ankle boots which stop the look from looking too unsexy with all those big chunky knits but still keep it laid-back.

I was actually quite warm seeing as both the sweater and the skirt are wool, and you could even layer up a thinner sweater or a thermal underneath... I wore it with my big black wool scarf and I was nice and cozy.

weekday chunky knit, super old knit skirt, h&m over-the-knee socks, &other stories ankle boots

The result? Feels like wearing a blanket, but the sliver of leg peeking from the slit is also sneakily sexy (you can use this strategically... hihi) -and this is actually a good idea for wearing this season's super-popular thigh-highs. I always wonder what I would wear them with -over tight jeans feels too Kim K before Kanye, with a short skirt feels waaay too sexy- so maybe the answer is to pair them with something longer, so you don't have a strip of skin visible, but rather just flashes of it as your body moves. Suggestive trumps over-exposed, non?




No comments:

Post a Comment