Wednesday, 31 August 2016

On-screen to real-life style

We took these on my last day in Mallorca. I had a quick errand to run (euhmm return a couple things at Zara because I'd gotten carried away euhmm) so of course I decided to dress up in tribute to Tilda Swinton's sartorial tribute to old Hollywood style in A Greater Splash (a cinematographically great, but plot-wise mediocre film if you want my opinion... worth it just for the costumes though!). In essence, all her outfits look super elegant and refined, yet they are simple and strictly comfortable

zara body, ivivi trousers turned into culottes, sandals bought in greeve, rayban sunnies, &other stories bag





I tried to recreate that vibe with this outfit. These roomy culottes have a bit of a story of their own: I bought them as trousers more than a year ago and proceeded to never wear them because they were too short… I finally got my mom to do a very simple DIY and shortened them into culottes, which I’m really happy I did, because now I have a more covered-up bottom option for summer that’s still nice and breezy (I feel like my legs are in prison every time I have to wear long pants in the summer!) —definitely something I recommend doing if you have a pair of trousers that’s too short —if you can’t beat them, join them, right?






I added a simple black body with a low scoop back and the slip-on leather sandals I literally haven't stopped wearing since I picked them up in Paros island. They are extremely comfortable (they require no breaking in), but the reason I love them is because of their super-clean, elegant lines --a bit of ATP for way, way less.

 


If you're in Greece, do pick up a pair. They are good quality but very cheap, and there's a style to suit everyone's taste —I always buy this lace-up style that I never tire of wearing…  And if you can't come to Greece (or bribe someone to bring you a pair), Ancient Greek Sandals do a more luxe, 100% made in Greece version that you can order online.

1 comment: