Saturday, 17 September 2016

My Obsession: Double Denim x2

I have a new obsession... double denim. I just love skirting the line between stylish and kitchy (remember my Elvis moment?). This was my favourite outfit for those warm but not-quite-hot summer days I had in London. I paired my denim short overalls with a men's denim shirt; neck open, cuffs turned up, really relaxed.

casually posing in front of St Paul's... old men's massimo dutti shirt, thrifted overalls, crossbody bag from & other stories (bought in store -in the sale!)
For a visit to the Tate Modern, I styled this outfit with a black crossbody bag and a black cat eye (told you I'm in love with eyeliner again!) & nude lip, for a more monochrome 'cool' (as if :P) look.

For a day at the office* I made it a little more girly with a bright fuschia lip; I think there's something about denim and fuschia that goes so well together!

double denim outfit
thrifted overalls, old men's massimo dutti shirt, topshop lipstick in 'The Damned'

I picked up this Topshop lipstick in a shade called 'The Damned' in the sale for 3 bucks and I really rate it! When I wear this sort of lipstick colour, I always try to just create even, luminous skin (plenty of moisturizer, some light foundation and a touch of highlighter and blush) and keep my eyes very minimal, only using mascara.

On my feet I wore lilac glitter socks and my white adidas** to complement the playful feel of the short overalls. I think the way to do double denim is not to make your outfit too busy; I followed the three-colour palette rule that says you should combine three main colours in your outfit. For the first version I added black and white to my blue, for this one it was fuschia (yep, lipcolour counts!) and white.

adidas sneakers, & other stories glitter socks

Which version do you prefer?

*no dress code, yay!
**are they slowly going out of vogue, guys? Because I'm literally addicted to them --although I'm also starting to like the idea of combat boots (Doc Martens). They're all a friend ever wears and I love how they make everything a little bit cooler...

image via
image via

No comments:

Post a Comment