Saturday, 15 October 2016

Gentlewoman

One of the rare times I had not one, but two people taking my picture...


Let me tell you why I love this jacket... 

It looks great if you want to throw over something dressed-up (like I did last year), but it's also a great outfit-maker

I like to wear it with really simple pieces --just a T-shirt and a pair of jeans- as I'm not big on over-the-top statements, and I do think it can get a bit costume-y if overdone. I love how the tailored lines make this basic outfit look put-together and a bit dramatic where a normal blazer would look boring. 

I've been having a few busy, rainy days in Barcelona and this has become my go-to get-dressed-quick formula: a tee shirt, straight-leg jeans and this jacket with the sleeves rolled up to make it more casual. The slip-on shoes are a great bonus if you're too lazy to bend down (this is me).

This outfit is a bit a-gendered and has a bit of an old-school gentleman air: loafers, jacket, silk scarf (a great chic alternative to a belt), even the glasses, which I LOVE with this outfit. It has to be a bit geeky. Yet somehow the combination finished off with super red lips makes me feel like a professional boss-ass sexy girl. Or a geeky flamingo, judging from my posing --but that's OK, I love flamingos too.



wearing weekday t-shirt (one of my favourite basics), topshop shoes, (in beige here) vintage jacket, jeans and scarf; lipstick is by m&s autograph 

The story behind this jacket is fun --I was shopping at a vintage market with my friend M. when I spotted this beauty for 10 euro... turns out she'd seen it first (here's to our great taste girl). Fortunately (for me) it was too wide on her shoulders so she finally passed it on to me last year --and I've made sure to give it a loving home. There's your happy ending.




About half the things I wear on any given day will be second-hand of some form and I think it helps me have an individual style --yes, shopping for new stuff is fun but I love the fact that mixing in those old, special or slightly weird pieces makes what I'm wearing unique --and keeps me from looking like a bad copy of Zara's lookbook!...

In this case: things I bought new: glasses, tshirt, shoes // things I got second-hand: jacket, jeans, scarf (used as belt). I'd say it's a pretty good balance. 


 

Thanks S. & J. for the mini-photoshoot :)



No comments:

Post a Comment