Ah, those beautiful (few) days of autumn where it's cool enough for a cotton sweater, yet still warm enough for bare legs... It's one of those rare chances to wear a fashiony, usually-impractical outfit (like wearing a coat with sandals --looks great on the pages of an editorial, not so much so in real life...). Add a completely dreamy setting like this one and you're set. So how to best take advantage of optimal conditions?
| weekday sweater (old), adidas stan smith, zara skirt (here; the colour is much nicer in person), urban outfitters sunglasses |
A firm believer that simple is best, I wore my good old oversize white jumper with my super-worn Stans (tip: put the shoelaces in the washing machine to stop them looking completely dirty!) and this new forest green skirt. It's the perfect length --mini but covering my butt at all times- and I'm wearing it with bare legs while I still can before I have to add tights.
The only annoying thing about this outfit (and about skirts and dresses in general) is that it doesn't have pockets. I've always appreciated the practicality of pockets --in fact I resolve at least once a month to stop buying clothes with no pockets... Usually after I've spent the day rummaging in my bag for my phone, keys or money.
But I recently read this great article on how pockets, or the lack thereof, in women's clothing is not just sexist, but political too, and it's made me that much more sensitive to this seemingly-small detail. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. For now, my temporary solution is wearing a biker jacket or jeans and cursing the patriarchy --stay tuned here and on Instagram to see another way I styled this skirt so that I can have pockets.
No comments:
Post a Comment