Sunday, 26 January 2014

Because it's Sunday

...and this is a serious contender of the title of The Best Breakfast Ever.


So the story is that I had an egg white lying around from a baking session, and some goat’s cheese that my dad gave me. I also had mushrooms and leek. And I felt like an awesome breakfast.
So I thinly sliced a bit leek, put it in a nonstick pan to get golden with some olive oil, cut up a few brown champignons, added those to the pan with a bit of italian herbs, and let the whole thing cook for a bit. Meanwhile, I whisked the egg white vigorously till it got bubbly and fluffy (but not meringue, ey!) and I added salt and pepper. When the veg were ready (they only take about 3 minutes really) I pushed them to the middle of the pan, forming a kind of big pancake and then put the egg over them. You kinda push the egg so it doesnt spread outside the veg until it starts to solidify, and flip in about 30 seconds. Then sprinkle a bit of goat’s cheese over it and after another 30 seconds, serve and enjoy!
Also: carb-free, what else do you want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment