Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Unexpected hero


They always say that love comes when you least expect it, and I never thought I'd fall in love with short dungarees or cute double buns, but here you have them!

I'm wearing Ikeda dungarees, Brunello Cuccinelli shrunken sweater, Weekday fluffy cardigan (here, but I got it for 10€ in the sale, muahaha)


When I was in Canada, we went to this street festival where a woman was moving out and was giving away her old clothes on the sidewalk. My roommate fished out this pair of dungarees and said they'd look cool on me. I was a bit sceptical but hey, they were free after all so why not? I took them and they quickly became favourites... I suspect it's because they are practically an outfit on their own -perfect for lazy people like me. Don't know what to wear? Just grab those babies! In the summer all you need is your bikini/ a top under them, but they're also cool in the winter with tights, a thin sweater and a long cardigan.

As for the double buns, gravity still wins so they come undone pretty quickly, but they are just impossibly cute and they shape your hair into nice waves.


The party version: I love them so much I even wore them to a party over a black turtle neck with the ultimate (furry) heels -more on them later. I did my hair and makeup in a 60's style -pouffy ponytail and eyeliner- and drank like I was a character in Mad Men ;)  

The turtleneck sweater is a zara basics oldie and the heels are from & other stories.


Today's lesson: life's too short to dress boring. Go have fun, yolo, etc. etc. Happy week from me. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment