Here's an unusual post for you, in which
a- there are actual, blogger style pictures of me
(thanks Yana -check out her blog!-, and thanks sun for making a guest appearance)
Too short, in fact, I sometimes worry.
So, how short can your skirt be? It got me thinking... How deep should your slits be? How high, pointy, clickety can your heels be?... Do you see where I'm going with this yet?
The thing is, who determines what's considered sexy or too sexy? Who tells
Yep, that's right, the infamous patriarchy. And who wants to listen to that?! Well, it's kind of hard to tune out something that's everywhere, but I try not to pay too much attention :)
![]() |
| wearing old pull&bear sweater, &other stories skirt, zara boots (very comfortable, I have to say I'm surprised) |
I mean, I must've liked this skirt enough to buy it (70% off at &Other Stories, by the way -I'm so proud of myself), so why should I second-guess myself so much?
I've decided there is a number of things I would rather be doing instead of worrying about this, including finding more cropped jumpers or long-sleeve tops to pair my new skirt with. I'm coming to realize how versatile a slightly-shorter sweater (not the kind that just about covers your chest!) can be. This cotton cable-knit one is a really old hand-me-down. There's nothing special about it, but I've been wearing it again and again as it's still nice and cozy (not too thin or fitted) without completely drowning my figure (or covering up short skirts!) like oversize knits do. Here's something else I'm thinking would also look really nice with this skirt...
So, today I wanted to remind myself, and perhaps some of you, too, to question the limits that others set for you. Whether it's skirt length or professional choices, go on bravely and prove them wrong, my darlings!
*walks away clicking heels*
![]() |
| sunglasses: vintage oliver people's, dumb expression: model's own |



No comments:
Post a Comment