Tuesday, 8 April 2014

But I like being a lady from time to time.

I was wearing this outfit, biking (heels and all) into town to my friend's birthday dinner, when she turned around and said: "I'm glad I've found true ladies here!" I had to laugh because normally I'm the opposite of a lady -like Jessa in Girls said,* "I'm not the ladies!" My personality consists in giving it straight to people (although I try not to be too rude), and my refinement is dropped upon the first sight of food. In other words, I am far from embodying an old-fashioned lady... but sometimes, dressing like a lady can be fun -and a bit unusual for me (refer to my previous post, in which I identify with a witch. Ahem.).



I'm wearing: DVF skirt borrowed from a very kind friend (although I want to keep it forever), my mom's shrunken knit (which I've been wearing a lot -more to come), zara pumps. My hair has been haphazardly gathered into a low bun with front pieces hanging loose, and I'm wearing red lipstick (to complete the sophistication).

I like the idea of pairing such a spectacular skirt with a really simple sweater -it looks effortless and keeps it from being over the top. Do I still feel a bit out of my comfort zone? Slightly, but in a good way, as if I was French for the night. It's good to experiment. And yes, I went bare legged. It was worth it :)







*sorry, but you're gonna have to bear with my obsession with Girls, as I've decided to write a research paper on the series. Yes, there are some perks to being in the humanities... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment