Thursday, 14 November 2013

Hi hello how are you?

image


…well I guess I’m doin’ fine.

You don’t get the song reference? Really?! OK, it’s from this song. Educate yourself.

Going back to the style pages though, I love these shorts so much that I had to find a way to wear them in colder weather! Even though they’re made out of white cotton, I think they work in this outfit, partly because everything else is pretty dark and not summery, and partly because pockets make you look instantly cooler. No, seriously. Trust me.

image

I’m wearing a thrifted blazer, american vintage sweater, my mom’s old shorts (here in the summer edition), awesome polka-dot tights (which have already ripped) from primark and my h&m wedge booties. And lots of eyeliner ;)


Also, not that I particularly care about being ‘on trend’, but apparently black and white (or “monochrome”… is that the same thing? I’m so confused) is very big this winter. This past year I’ve found myself steering towards fewer, more subtle colours. I’ve never been one for flashy things, but this time it’s becoming really radical. I tend to associate sophistication with more muted things, and, on the other hand, I just find it harder to combine many colours without feeling like a rainbow -fun, but definitely loud and not very sophisticated. I do think you can look chic wearing colour… but I also think that it can get a bit too much very easily, so a lot of the time I just feel safer in my neutrals. But every once in a while it’s good to challenge yourself -let’s see how that goes :)


image

Thanks to S. for taking these pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment