Wednesday, 20 November 2013

I'm so excited!

A couple of weeks ago I watched Almodovar’s latest film, I’m So Excited (trailer here). It wasn’t his best, but I always enjoy Almodovar! The next day I woke up late and I didn’t have time or energy to think of what to wear… so I decided I’d just copy the look of a character in the film. Paz Vega plays a mentally disturbed artist who tries to commit suicide wearing the clothes of her ex boyfriend. Her outfit is really simple, a shirt and some jeans held up at the waist by a simple black belt:

image

She has braids and wears red lipstick.

image

This is my take on the outfit:

image

image



I couldn’t pull off the double braids so I just did one instead, although later I kind of dropped that, too. But you have to give me props for everything else! I’m wearing red lipstick, my thrifted navy silk shirt, my mom’s old Giafranco Ferre jeans, my belt that I stole from my dad, and my mallorquinas (because they’re Spanish so I figured they’d go with the rest :P).

image


…Unfortunately I had to wear a coat because Amsterdam is not Madrid, but whatcha gonna do?


image

No comments:

Post a Comment