Friday, 22 February 2013

Wrong way

image


jacket: mom’s old, jeans: weekday, booties: h&m

Classic case of two wrongs making a right. A conervative jacket in a mousy colour + wearing said jacket the wrong way = a cool top with a no-nonsense front and an unexpected back (and a jacket happily rescued from The Pile).

Why am I only wearing my black jeans lately? I just love the way they’re high-waisted and fit to perfection :) But my jeans collection being minute, I am praying for the fashion gods to send affordable jeans my way for the spring. The look I would like to go for is regular-waisted straight-legged worn -to the point they’re nice and soft) blue jeans (maybe frayed in the knees) that I can cuff well above the ankle. I don’t know if you could call them boyfriend jeans, because I dont’ like the fit to be baggy around the, ahem, crotch area. That’s just annoying. I used to have such jeans, but I wore them till they fell apart. Literally. So now I am once again on the lookout for the perfect pair (nothing ambitious, eh?)

Wendy’s are pretty close (although I’d prefer mine to be a bit darker): http://www.thankfifi.com/2013/02/neonomoly/

Anyway. Going back to my outfit, I thought of wearing the jacket with this necklace that the little brother of a friend made me…


image

…but since I’m going through a weird colour-shying phase, I went for my hoop earrings (up-close here) and some rings (here and here). I tucked the edges of the jacket into my jeans so the actual belt was hidden from the fabric of the jacket folding over (I’m not ure this makes sense) but my waist was still defined.

More pictures! (my coat is from h&m)

image

image


image


No comments:

Post a Comment