OK, not very sound reasoning indeed. But hey, at least I’m -just- below the weight limit. Here’s how (I think) I did it:
a. I limited the amount of shoes I’m taking. Five pairs, including the flip flops which are really only for the beach, are more than enough. (Of course, what I’m not telling you is that I’ll probably pick up a couple pairs in the sales in Spain!)

b. I cut down on unnecessary toiletries etc. Most products I usually take I don’t even use, and I can always buy sunscreen, shampoo and other things like that once I’m there.
As far as jewellery goes, I’m pretty minimal anyways so these should be more than enough

c. I limited myself to only two books and I’m not taking any notebooks except for my agenda. Every summer I take along a million books that I want to read (wishful thinking)… I end up reading about half if I’m lucky, and then I pick up a few more while I’m there, so there’s really no point in carting all these books around (plus they weigh a ton). And…

d. I have decided (wisely or not? Yet to be determined…) not to take a big handbag. I’m only taking the canvas bag and the clutch in the picture**, plus the little crossbody that I’ll wear to the airport with this blazer, my white converse, black jeans and two scarves. Yup, two, because that means they’re not in the suitcase. I bet they’ll look amazing -or at least keep me warm in the air conditioning of the plane.

Anyways, I laid all the clothes I’m taking on my bed, blogger-style, and it turns out that I’m mostly taking blues, neutrals* and a few pinks, which should be easy enough to combine.

…and last but definitely not least, my bikinis:

*neutrals (according to me)= black, white, grey, tan, khaki…
**OK, and another one
Soooo… who’s ready for summer? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment