But I’m also refering to (not) getting caught wearing the previous day’s outfit. You might get lucky… or not.

shirt: zara, jeans: weekday, coat: h&m, trainers: nike
In my case, the ultimate sartorial faux pas was committed by necessity: I was sick and sleep-deprived, so (obviously) I overslept for a meeting with a teacher. I grabbed the first clothes I found on my couch… which happened to be the previous day’s outfift (in my defense, they were reasonably clean!). Now, in the event someone noticed -I rationalized-, the whole thing would envelop me in an alluring veil of mystery: maybe she slept somewhere else yesterday! Maybe she slept in her clothes to save time for studying! Maybe she’s depressed and doesn’t give a f*! Maybe she thinks she’s a cartoon character!

These days I’m all about comfort, which is why I’m constantly wearing my Nikes… and I’m actually warming up to them (aesthetically speaking).
And when your face looks like shit because you’re still wearing yesterday’s makeup (not a look I recommend, but it happens to the best of us), well, this is where having long hair comes in handy. I use mine as a shield against the world -especially when combined with sunglasses (unfortunately you can’t wear those indoors unless you’re famous)…Here, observe my newest practice of lazy styling: I tuck my hair into my shirt (remember this was trending last year?)… except my hair is all in the front. That way my face is reassuringly enveloped in a hairy halo.


Another point of focus were my hands. I love wearing a lot of rings, and surely when so much is going on on my hands, no-one will even notice the dark circles under my eyes!?

Sometimes -and I really mean sometimes only!- more is more.
No comments:
Post a Comment