Friday, 24 May 2013

Shine a light (please?)

image


With today’s title I wish not only to show how knowledgeable I am in old music by making a clin d’oeil to the Rolling Stones, but also to drop a subtle hint to the master of the Universe on the subject of Amsterdam. Let the sun shine a little, dude*!

image


shirt: thrifted, sweater: american vintage, beanie (slowly creeping up): cheap monday, bermudas: h&m, trainers: nike, coat: h&m

As you can see, the weather is back to normal November mode, so I had no choice but to wear my bathrobe winter coat** in late f*ing May (well, technically I could choose to freeze.) …let’s just say it’s a good thing I love it. The odd thing with me is that unless it’s zero degrees or something, my legs aren’t really cold, so since they were, for once, hair-free, I decided to wear bermudas. With a winter coat, yeah. In my defence, I never claimed I was completely normal. (Also, I really don’t feel like wearing tights right now… doesn’t that ever happen to you?)

image


image


Otherwise, this outfit is pretty simple. I usually tuck things into my bottom (observe here, for example), so lately I’ve been trying to change it up a little. I’m not fully convinced with the result (short sweater + long shirt) here, but it’s a change from the preppier tucked-in version (see below).

image

Lastly, the lack of makeup is due to the fact that I have finals (just take a look at my desk!) and I can’t be bothered with such trivial matters anymore. I’d rather sleep ten more minutes in the morning, and I sure aren’t going to put on makeup just to take some pictures. Thankfully I have a cold, so the red nose compliments my complexion, making it all good! …not.

Oh well, at least my nails are camera-ready this time! (I looove having painted nails… but they take ages to dry, so I seldom paint them)

image



* note:  I am not suggesting that MoU is a man. ‘Dude’ is unisex as far as I’m concerned ;)

** it does look like a bathrobe from behind, right? In a good way, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment