Tuesday, 7 May 2013

I'm off.... to where?

Berlin, my friends. I know, I’d be jealous of me too ;)

I’m all packed up -finally: I always leave that till the last moment!- and ready to go, so I thought I’d reroduce another fashion blog cliché and take a picture of what I’m taking in my suitcase.

image


When packing, here’s what I don’t do:

a. Plan looks for every day and then pack only the clothes I’ll need for them -who wants to be predictible and waste time?

b. Pick a colour scheme and take most of my basic clothes in these colours, adding a few accessories to make the outfits ‘pop’ -this is typical cliché advice mags give, but who actually follows that crap anyway? Do I look like an interiors designer figuring out ‘palettes’ and stuff? No.

No, instead I take the much more quick fun if lazy risky approach of looking at my clothes and deciding what I feel like wearing, then trying to fit everything in my suitcase… I do check the weather forecast though, because who wants to get stuck in the rain wearing sandals? Not me (gross).But otherwise, I don’t worry too much about matchiness etc., partly because my wardrobe is mostly monochromatic, so most things  match anyway, and partly because even if you wouldn’t normally pair two things, surprisingly they end up making friends more often than not. Look at it as a challenge people: you only have a limited amount of clothes to work with, so you’re bound to get crazy creative and come up with interesting ways to wear them!

…And if none of these arguments has convinced anyone, I know that lots of people will continue to use my packing method, if only because, like me, they’re lazy and they think packing is the most tedious thing ever -only unpacking is worse, in fact. So all things considered, I think I did pretty well -I mean, I folded my clothes and everything!

image

No comments:

Post a Comment