
Even though, again, I lack time and maybe money to come up with an aesthetic concept to apply to my room, (which is more of a hotch-potch of things than a space that reflects my personality and is at once a visual cornucopia of beautiful things and a soothing, functional space) precious compositions manifest themselves all the time. And so, though I miss the complete and coherent effect of a properly thought-out room, I still enjoy these little material haevens made out of things I love. They lend aesthetics and personality to my room, which is not completely mine yet.

Oh, and speaking of material haven/heaven(!), these Alexander Wang sandals -retailed at a cool 770 euros- have sold out on net-a-porter -already. I’m divided between gasping at how many people seem to be prepared to pay for a pair of shoes… and admitting that I probably would have bought the shoes if I’d had the money. Yes, they are ridiculously overpriced, but aren’t they also beautiful in their understated design? Or is this just a case of being "blinded by the label" -that is, would I have loved these shoes as much if I’d found them on sale in a local store, or is it the clever marketing and Mr. Wang’s name that make them irresistible?
And speaking of irresistible, I am still thinking of these Zara pumps… Classic, leather, sexy as hell. I might have to treat myself for my birthday soon…
But whenever I think of my lack of resources, and maybe because I like to think positive, I always reach the same conclusion: if I did have all this money, I would probably have so many clothes that I wouldn’t even be able to wear all of them, and I would never have had to get creative with the clothes that I do have, in order to find my own style.
It’s the same with everything -if you lack the resources, you get creative, and you end up with something unique that truly represents you -and no amount of money can buy you that.
No comments:
Post a Comment