
cardigan: old mom’s, worn backwards, skirt: american vintage, booties: h&m
When I came up with a new way to wear my (mom’s) old cardigan, I was really excited about the way it sits against the base of my neck, almost like a polo neck, then skims over my body without clinging to it. I wore it with my Weekday jeans here, but I’ve been trying not to repeat outfits
Anyway, I was racking my brains for something to wear this top with, because the colour can look really mousey/boring… so I chose my mustard mini-skirt. I rarely wear it because I have the same problem with it: what colour to pair it with?! So I guess two problems ended up solving each other again… but every solutioni brings a new problem with me, and much as I wanted to go bare-legged and wear cream flats, the weather dictated, for the zillionth time these past months, thick black tights and boots. Which might have been just as well because this skirt is so short (for me anyway).
And on to the less important problem: I always end up over-dressing for class. I guess in my ideal world I could wear party clothes, pj’s or anything else I fancied to any occasion really, so I guess I’m not doing too bad as appropriate clothing is concerned, right? :)


Styling-wise, I let my hair down and pushed it to one side later… and wore my sunglasses as a hairband -I love doing that! pictures next time. I had to wear earrings because my piercings will eventually close otherwise, so there’s a bit more formal-ness for you right there. Finally, I thought some dark berry colour would contrast nicely with the mustard/greyish beige of the clothes.

I’m a bit on the fence about this outfit. I’ve come a long way since feeling weird and too formal/grown-up in anything but jeans in high school, but… Is this too much?
Actually, fuck it. I looked at the pictures again and I like it. That’s all there is to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment