A lot of style or beaty tutorials teach you how to take your outfit from day t night… but what about those instances where you have a party, go to sleep and then the next morning you have to get dresssed with the first things you see in front of you -which, incidentally, are the things you took off on your way to bed the night before-?
Friday was international Women’s Day so I threw a little ladies-only cocktail party. And just for the fun, I decided to make the dress code cocktail. Not everyone complied strictly, but it was fun to see the fancy side of people nonetheless. As for me, I went all-out, extravagant styling -well, for me anyway. I have yet to pull a full-on Anna dello Russo ;)
The results:

sweater: weekday, skirt: american vintage, heels: ferragamo
Another skirt transformation: I tucked the front part of the hem into the waistband and ta-da: a mullet. Quite revealing but it was just us girls so it’s fine. I also tucked the front edge of my sweater into the waistband, and the rest of it kind of folds over (so you don’t see the actual waistband, but it gives the look more shape).


Underneath the sweater I wore a -coincidentally matching- bustier. And as for the previously mentioned styling extravaganza, I gathered my straight-out-of-the-shower hair into the highest doughnut bun I’ve ever managed, threw on my dressy high heeled sandals and put on some clip-on earrings that my mom used to have back in the 80’s. Makeup-wise, the lip, because it’s faster (and by that time, you guessed correctly,I was running late).
The next day, I wore the same skirt tied differently (knotted to the side to make it asymmetric) with tights, and the same sweater to catch the train t my father’s. Here is the look:


I wore it with slightly more sensible shoes (h&m) and I was really really comfy!
A closer look at the skirt:

No comments:
Post a Comment